Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Dec 10 - Site Upload

***WEBSITE LINK: http://www.ultimateconstruction.co.nf***

I managed to upload my website today, using the free website hosting website biz.nf (as I am limited by my client to host this website on a free website hosting site). I chose this website because of the previous research that I have done previously. I found all these websites by doing a google search on free hosting sites (full research can be seen here on http://www.isadumadupad.blogspot.hk/2014/02/feb-17-analysis-and-planning-hosting.html).


This is the homepage of this hosting website. I believe this is the best free hosting site to host on, because it contains no ads, and it also contains a panel that allows me to easily add more files into my website. However due to this hosting website being free, it limits the domain name to only .co.nf and only 250mb of space is allocated to my website. However, 250mb should be more than enough for me and my client's website.


Here is a website hosting site that I also looked at, but didnt choose as I thought biz.nf was a better one. This is because this one, freehostingeu.com, doesn't give as much web space (200 mb). Therefore, I thought biz.nf was a better option and chose that instead.



I then had contact with my client via e-Mail to discuss the details of the webpage:


After confirmation with my client that I should upload my files onto this hosting site, I continued with my process to upload to this website.

After creating my account on this website, I proceeded to create a subdomain on my control panel provided after creating the account. It is accessed using a browser.

Afterwards, I used the file manager (both the domain manager that I used to create a subdomain, and the file manager, is found in the hosting tools in the control panel) to upload files to the website. All files and images are put in the root directory of the domain name. The homepage is set as index.html, so that the hosting site knows which html file is the homepage. The domain name I used is http://www.ultimateconstruction.co.nf/

Afterwards, I tried to access the webpage. Unfortunately to my disappointment, it would give me an error somewhat like this:


I was very confused and frustrated. After consulting my ICT teacher about this. To my relief, I had to wait a while before the website could be successfully accessed.

My website is now complete and ready to be accessed on the internet, therefore I can use this for evaluation with my client and peers. Here is what it looks like on my google chrome browser:



No comments:

Post a Comment