Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Dec 2 - Finalizing the homepage + follow-up with client

Today. I have finished creating/editing the homepage, and followed up with my client on the progress, so that we can give each other mutual feedback and opinions on the homepage.

For the logo color, I decided to change that after it has been evaluated by my peers, teachers and client, so that I can put all my major website changes into one whole post, However, hover color of the website nav bar was changed by me after me and my client discussed this so that it looks better.

After completing the modification from feedback from both me and my client, I made the clickable images that are placed underneath the css slideshow. Here is what it looks like:















I am currently using placeholder images in the website. since I have yet to customize the images my client sent me to fit nicely in these 3 boxes. They are image links that will bring the website user to the selected project shown in the image. I have not configured the color scheme of the border since I decided to let this be the decision of my client. I also will follow up with my client on whether if I should add a text description underneath each image link.

After completing the homepage structure, I contacted my client on my next steps for improving the website. Here are some screenshots
of our conversation:

To finish the homepage, I decided against adding text to the images since more text would make the website less minimalist. I also changed the website image link borders to black. Here is the html/css code for the image link now, along with the website look:

I also realized that there is a mini empty space between the bottom border area and the image itself. I will need to see what caused this and fix this next lesson.
Apart from fixing the border next lesson, I will also start working on the contact us page.

No comments:

Post a Comment